4th Project Meeting Edinburgh

Evaluation_Header4

The purpose of this Questionnaire is to gather your comments:

  • About how the Project has gone for you to date
  • About how working transnationally is helping you
  • About how the Project is helping you and your organisation to work towards its aim

 

IMAGINE MDVI
— An Inclusive forum to develop Movement, Action, Gesture, Improvisation, Negotiation and Expression of Multiple Disability Visual Impairment adults

 

1

Describe how the Project has gone for you to date?

 

We have progressed well. All members completed homework tasks and this was shared and circulated. This was done through sharing DVD,s, photographs and power point. This was very positive for all of us.

2

Have any challenges presented themselves as a result of this Meeting, and how did you resolve them?

    
We had to talk through and have intensive discussion about our different client groups and come to agreement on outcomes – making sure that the outcome is positive and realistic for each client.
Presentation of Homeworks was a challenge – language, organisation of chapters and intrepetations of what we were asked to do was different. We overcame this through discussion.

 

 

3

What positive aspects do you see for yourself and your organisation at this point in working transnationally on the specific subjects of this Project?

 

Getting ideas from one anothers work and DVD,s. Learning from one anothers work and experiences. Getting new inspiration. The opportunity to promote the project with Headteacher and Chief Executive raising the profile of the project within the organisation. Reflecting on our own work and culture in a different way.
 

 

4

Were there any uncertainties about preparing information for the meeting? If yes, what were they? How could this have been made clearer?

 
We had very clear notes with marked action points from the previous meeting.

5

What are highlights will you share with colleagues from within your organisation? (Apart from the food and the beer…….)

 

 

The sharing of practice and looking at DVDs from other institutions was excellent. We will continue to share this with our colleagues who are becoming increasingly aware of the project and its value.
The Forward Vision music workshop illustrated an empathetic way of working.
Having a tour of each campus was good for understanding and comparisons with institutes across Europe.
Looking at equipment, experiencing the atmosphere and surrounding environment was all good.
Finding parallels with our client groups was beneficial.

 

6

What are factors from this Meeting will contribute to your own professional development and how will this influence your daily practice?

 

 

See above.

 

 

 

 

Thinking of THIS Meeting …..

 

 

7.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8.

Are you clear about what your Objectives are for the next period?

Yes

No

 

Any comments?

 

 

Yes, we are clear that we continue working in a practical way and move towards bringing all of our findings together.

 

9.

Do you anticipate any problems in meeting these Objectives?

Yes

No

 

Any comments?

 

 

No

 

10

Has the Meeting been the right length and format?

Yes

No

 

Any comments?

 

 

Yes.

7

Have the accommodation and meeting places been satisfactory?

Yes

No

 

Any comments?

 

 

Yes

 

8

Finally, what would you like to see included in the next meeting? (including social aspects)

 

 

 

9

Signed (OPTIONAL):

 

 

Evaluation 3rd-meeting Clermont-Ferrand

Evaluation_Header

The purpose of this Questionnaire is to gather your comments:
      About how the Project has gone for you to date
      About how working transnationally is helping you
      About how the Project is helping you and your organisation to work
towards its aim
 
IMAGINE MDVI

— An Inclusive forum to develop Movement, Action, Gesture, Improvisation, Negotiation and Expression of Multiple Disability Visual Impairment adults

 

1

Describe how the Project has gone for you to date?

 

Good progress has been made in all areas. DVD presentations were viewed and it was good to see what progress has been made by member countries and in the different ways in which they have been working with MDVI clients.

 

Review was undertaken of the Project website and adaptations and amendments will be made.

 

Work has also been very productive on creation of a logo, with art work provided.

 

Interesting to meet with clients from Clermont Ferrand, and to see how they worked. This gave us more of an understanding of the work undertaken. Very good to see members of the group working in their own setting with particular reference made to the work undertaken by Guy, and how inspirational his work can be for other people, both with and without disabilities.

2

Have any challenges presented themselves as a result of this Meeting, and how did you resolve them?
There was a number of technical difficulties with some parts of the programme. For example, the train on one of the sightseeing trips was not operational, however, it was evident that the group are now working very closely, and were able to talk through the difficulties and work out an alternative programme. There was initially a difference of opinion as to the way in which the dissemination would be presented, but again through open and honest discussion any difficulties were resolved and an initial proposal was put in place for discussion again in Edinburgh.

3

What positive aspects do you see for yourself and your organisation at this point in working transnationally on the specific subjects of this Project?
Working transnationally gives all members the opportunity to reflect on their practice. An example of this was reflection on the fact that the Project has members from Italy, Germany, France and Scotland who all speak different languages. This reminds us that for many of the clients that we work with who have no, or little verbal communication that life can often be quite isolating and how difficult it can be when you cannot communicate what you want or need. Members are able to share details of the Project are able to share with their clients, and this has resulted in them having more of an understanding of  people with MDVI in other parts of Europe. The production of a DVD will enable professionals in other countries to look at other methods used by other European partners.

4

Were there any uncertainties about preparing information for the meeting? If yes, what were they? How could this have been made clearer?
  No not on this occasion as lessons had been learnt and adopted from previous meetings. 

5

What are highlights will you share with colleagues from within your organisation? (Apart from the food and the beer…….)
   Information will be shared with colleagues regarding the logo and website. Knowledge gained about the service in Clermont Ferrand, and lessons and opportunities from the theatre workshops will be shared with colleagues and clients. Information on resources was also helpful and could be shared in home services. Informal discussions about other partner services have also be informative. Visit to the CRDV centre for MDVI people of all ages and stages was helpful and will help inform practice and service development.

6

What are factors from this Meeting will contribute to your own professional development and how will this influence your daily practice?

 

See above.

 

 

Thinking of THIS Meeting …..
   

7.

Have you been able to raise and discuss points within the group that you wanted to? If not, please explain why?  
   
  Yes – discussions were open and honest and members were able to voice their opinions and feel listened too.  

8.

Are you clear about what your Objectives are for the next period? Yes No
  Any comments?
   Yes. Detailed notes were taken and these will be circulated amongst group members will action points clearly highlighted.  

9.

Do you anticipate any problems in meeting these Objectives? Yes No
  Any comments?
    No 

10

Has the Meeting been the right length and format? Yes No
  Any comments?
   Yes.  

7

Have the accommodation and meeting places been satisfactory? Yes No
  Any comments?
    Yes 

8

Finally, what would you like to see included in the next meeting? (including social aspects)
   Progress DVDs of work being undertaken.Photographs would also be helpfulMore information about dissemination.Tasting of Scottish products such as A man in a kilt!!!Exchanges with music department.The chance to catch up with other RBS colleagues.Braille Press visitArrange with Marketing Dept interview with local press.

Interview with local In site radio company to help with dissemination of Project

 

9 Any other comments The group thanked members in France for their hospitality, and friendship during the meeting days.  Signed (OPTIONAL): 

 

Evaluations from Osimo meeting

4th-7th March 2013
1. Describe how the project has gone for you to date.
All partners are agreed that the project has developed in the time between meetings. Some have focused on facial expression and body language and brought in the expertise of other specialist staff. Others have looked at their client groupings and examined how different client groups can best access ‘The Tempest’. With some it may simply be done using sensory stimulation and developing this. With more able participants, it will involve looking at characters, their relationships and the story. Most participants like the fact that we are collecting and collating information from each country. Photographs, artwork, DVD’s and PowerPoint presentations.
2. Have any challenges presented themselves as a result of this meeting and how did you resolve them?
Each participant highlighted the challenges faced in putting on a final performance next summer and how we get there. All agreed that we have still lots of decisions to make on how best to involve our clients to illustrate the best they can do. Also some people were concerned on how best to get their client group involved in work on ‘The Tempest’ – finding different methodologies that works for them. Others were restricted by the time-tabling constraints of their school and the existing work that needs to be completed. How best to fuse these different constraints to produce a piece of quality theatre where we are all represented equally? This is a big question that will be carried forward to our next meeting.
3. What positive aspects do you see for yourself and your organisation at this point in working transnationally on the specific subjects of this project?
Participants appreciated what they can learn from one another and how they can bring this to their own teaching. It was useful to see the work done in Italy with a different client group to Munich. Everyone enjoyed the show and seeing the enjoyment on the clients’ faces and enthusiasm of staff. Some participants mentioned that it gave them more of an insight of how a drama co-ordinator/teacher should be and highlighted the importance of teamwork. Each participant country was sympathetic to each other’s difficulties and celebrated their successes.
4. Were there any uncertainties about preparing information for the meeting? If yes, what were they?
Most participants felt that they were prepared for the meeting though it was raised that they were less clear on what the final outcome will be. It was pointed out that each participant country has developed their own way of doing ‘theatre’ and each method has a valid and important purpose.
5. What are the highlights you will share with colleagues from your organisation?
The observations in Osimo that partners liked were the language used in Italy to communicate with deaf blind clients, tours of the workshops with emphasis on independent, meaningful work and looking at different learning styles. Participants also highlighted the importance of sharing ideas and working methods.
6. What factors of the Munich meeting will contribute to your own professional development and how will this influence your daily practice?
All participants feel that they will have a more creative approach on their return to work. Adapting The Tempest may be a challenge met by using more music and finding ways for clients to be more independent in the knowledge that it is ok to try things out and make mistakes. The aim is to find out what works best for your own client group.
7. Have you been able to raise and discuss points within the group that you wanted to?
It was widely thought that ‘yes’ people were able to do this. The discussion was chaired and controlled. People found it easier to raise points now that the group have got to know one another better. Language continues to be a barrier and a difficulty for all.
8. Are you clear what your objectives are for the next period?
Yes, all participants are clear on this.
9. What specific elements have been gained from transnational working?
A general enthusiasm from all participants to achieve the best for their clients – this can be carried forward through the entire project. The opportunity to get to know different cultures and methods and that can reflect on and improve your own practice.
10. Do you anticipate any problems in meeting these objectives?
The public performance stands as a challenge to all. Participants highlighted internal problems, finding appropriate partnerships both inside and outside their organisations and constrictions imposed by timetables, educational holidays and deadlines.
11. Length of meetings, accommodation, future.
All participants were very happy with meeting time and accommodation. All appreciated greatly the Italian hospitality!
For future meetings, participants would like to see more examples of work in progress. To hear about the difficulties and what worked well in doing ‘The Tempest’. Some would like to attend and participate in theatre workshops. It was mentioned that we will need written scripts and clarify our responsibilities for the final performances. And participants would like to begin to put together the ‘guidelines’ as a way of moving forward.
All participants are keen to have a good time together!

Aine Murphy April 2013